System for management and distribution of research results
The Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP) designates an institution dedicated to management and distribution of research results for more systematic management and more efficient use of results of state-run R&D projects. This system is intended to help ordinary people as well as researchers at Pharmaceutical Industries, universities, and research institutes use the results more easily and conveniently through the verification, classification, and processing of the research results.
- August 2006 Promotion of the system for management and distribution of research results based on the Basic Plan for Management and Use of First Research Results (2006-2010)
- August 2006 Notice made by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MOEST) concerning the designation of a dedicated institution for management of R&D results covering eight sectors, i.e. theses, patents, bio resources, software, report originals, summarized technological information, compounds, and research instruments and equipments
- August 2010 Heads of research institutions were obligated to register or entrust their research results with the dedicated institution as stated in the relevant agreement.
- March 2011 Inclusion of the scope of application and procedure concerning registration and entrustment of R&D results
- August 2014 Provision of the basis for composition and operation of a council of dedicated institutions and provision of operational expenses for them
- November 2014 Additional research results of management subjects (new variety) and additional selection of dedicated institutions
- January 2015 Making it mandatory to state expected and real number of results between the research planning phase and research completion phase by amending the Rules Pertaining to Management, etc. of State R&D Projects.